Click here to register now to attend the May 3-4, 2019 Atlanta Writers Conference, at the Westin Atlanta Airport Hotel.
The Writer magazine’s “runaway favorite” among voters, our twice-yearly Atlanta Writers Conference was voted the “Best Writing Conference in Georgia”–with more votes received than any other conference in the U.S. In their February 2019 issue (see image), the magazine also acknowledges Becky Albertalli, one of our many conference success stories.
A humble “thank you” to everybody who cast their vote for the Atlanta Writers Conference!
Whether you are…
- In search of an agent or a publisher
- Working on a manuscript and in need of feedback
- Seeking to learn more about the writing craft and/or publishing business
- Creating or growing your author brand
- Building your network of industry contacts
…this is your opportunity to take the next big step toward your writing goals.
Want to get published?
The May 3-4, 2019 Atlanta Writers Conference offers you:
- Access to 16 acquisitions editors and literary agents—more than ever before—seeking every major fiction genre and nonfiction topic, as well as graphic novels and picture books
- Critiques of manuscript samples by the editors and agents
- Pitches to the editors and agents in the calm and privacy of meeting rooms
- Query letter critique by an editor-agent team to improve your pitch (nearly 40% of those winning pitch awards at the November conference did this activity)
- Preparatory critique of your manuscript submission months before the conference by a freelance editor of your choice (50% of those winning any award at the November conference did this “prep” critique)
- Workshop for creating or building on your author brand by best-selling, award-winning author Jenny Milchman
- Separate Q&A panels by all eight acquisitions editors and all eight literary agents to give you two perspectives of the current and future publishing industry
- Free bonus activities for every participant who purchases at least two of the activities above:
- Two talks by Jenny Milchman on suspense and the ways to get published today
- Two presentations by award-winning, bestsellimg author Christopher Swann about the long, sometimes funny road to publication and how to write what you know and make up the rest.
- Two presentations by author and teacher Jennifer Springsteen about structuring your manuscript to keep readers turning the pages and creating tight, concise prose.
- Private mixer with all agents, acquisitions editors, and special guest Jenny Milchman
- Giveaways drawings for valuable prizes, from lifetime membership in the Atlanta Writers Club to free activities at the next conference
- Award ceremony with each agent and editor presenting Best Manuscript Sample and Best Pitch certificates
Nearly 30 of our members have signed with agents or editors they met at our Conferences, and a number of those have scored major book deals (and one, so far, has hit the bigtime with a movie deal). You could be next!
We’re now accepting registrations. As past Conference participants will tell you, the spots fill up fast, so don’t delay!
After you’ve read all the Conference details on the website–including the deadlines and refund policy–use the registration tab to secure your place at the May 3-4, 2019 Atlanta Writers Conference.
The Atlanta Writers Conference is presented exclusively for members of the Atlanta Writers Club. If you are not a current member or your membership will lapse prior to May 5, 2019, you can join/renew as part of your Conference registration–you do not need to do this as a two-step process.
We hope you’ll be able to join us!
For questions, contact Atlanta Writers Conference Director George Weinstein at firstname.lastname@example.org