The Writer magazine’s “runaway favorite” among voters, our twice-yearly Atlanta Writers Conference was voted the “Best Writing Conference in Georgia”–with more votes received than any other conference in the U.S. In their Feb. 2019 and 2020 issues (see images).
A humble “thank you” to everybody who cast their vote for the Atlanta Writers Conference!
Our 22nd Atlanta Writers Conference will be held on November 6-8, 2020 virtually for Friday-Saturday agent/editor meetings via phone calls, emailed pre-conference edits, and online Sunday doubleheader workshops!
Whether you are…
- In search of an agent or a publisher
- Working on a manuscript and in need of feedback
- Seeking to learn more about the writing craft and/or publishing business
- Building your network of industry contacts
…this is your opportunity to take the next big step toward your writing goals.
Want to get published?
Due to COVID-19, our guest agents and editors can’t travel to Georgia, so the November 6-8, 2020 Atlanta Writers Conference offers you phone meetings along with e-mail and online activities:
- Access to 16 acquisitions editors and literary agents—no repeats from previous conferences—seeking every major fiction genre and nonfiction topic, as well as graphic novels and picture books.
- Critiques of manuscript samples by the editors and agents, with work submitted a month in advance.
- Pitches to the editors and agents with query letters.
- Query letter critique by a pair of editors/agents to improve your pitch (at the October 2019 conference, more than 90% of Best Pitch awards by an agent or editor went to those who participated in the Query Letter Critique).
- Pre-conference edit of your manuscript submission via email months before the conference by a freelance editor of your choice (at our October 2019 conference, 65% of all awards–for Best Manuscript Sample and Best Pitch–went to writers who participated in the Pre-Conference Edit).
- Sunday Doubleheader Workshops Online–recorded live with audience Q&A–with international bestselling author Peter James discussing “Crafting a Page-turner” and ThrillerFest Executive Director and international best-selling author Kimberley (KJ) Howe presenting “Market Like a Boss.”
- Free bonus educational recordings for every participant who purchases any of the activities above: due to COVID-19, large crowds are still to be avoided, so we aren’t able to offer our mixer or award ceremony or present our usual 8 hours of bonus talks during the conference. To give you more value, though, we’ll be recording educational talks this fall by knowledgeable authors and will provide those links with your conference information and personalized schedule, which will be sent at least a week before the November 6-8 conference.
- Also, even though we won’t be able to hold an award ceremony, each of the 16 agents and editors will select participants for Best Manuscript Sample and Best Pitches, with certificates to be sent to the awardees after the conference.
More than 30 of our members have signed with agents or editors they met at our Conferences, and a number of those have scored major book deals (and one, so far, has hit the bigtime with a movie deal). You could be next!
We’re now accepting registrations. As past Conference participants will tell you, the spots fill up fast, so don’t delay!
The Atlanta Writers Conference is presented exclusively for members of the Atlanta Writers Club. If you are not a current member or your membership will lapse prior to November 9, 2020, you can join/renew as part of your Conference registration–you do not need to do this as a two-step process.
To read all the details for the November 6-8, 2020 Atlanta Writers Conference, START HERE.
For questions, contact Atlanta Writers Conference Director and AWC Acting President George Weinstein at firstname.lastname@example.org