The Writer magazine’s “runaway favorite” among voters, our twice-yearly Atlanta Writers Conference was voted the “Best Writing Conference in Georgia”–with more votes received than any other conference in the U.S. In their Feb. 2019 and 2020 issues (see images).
A humble “thank you” to everybody who cast their vote for the Atlanta Writers Conference!
Our 24th Atlanta Writers Conference will be held virtually on May 7-9, 2021 with Friday-Saturday agent/editor meetings via phone calls, emailed pre-conference edits, and an online Sunday workshop doubleheader!
Whether you are…
- In search of an agent or a publisher
- Working on a manuscript and in need of feedback
- Seeking to learn more about the writing craft and/or publishing business
- Building your network of industry contacts
…this is your opportunity to take the next big step toward your writing goals.
Want to get published?
Due to COVID-19, our guest agents and editors can’t travel to Georgia, so the May 7-9, 2021 Atlanta Writers Conference offers you phone meetings with literary agents and acquisitions editors along with email and online activities:
- Access to 16 acquisitions editors and literary agents—no repeats from previous conferences—seeking every major fiction genre and nonfiction topic, as well as graphic novels and picture books.
- Critiques of manuscript samples by the editors and agents, with work submitted a month in advance.
- Pitches to the editors and agents with query letters submitted in advance.
- Query letter critique by a pair of editors/agents to improve your pitch (at the October 2019 conference, more than 90% of Best Pitch awards by an agent or editor went to those who participated in the Query Letter Critique).
- Pre-conference edit of your manuscript submission via email months before the conference by a freelance editor of your choice (at our October 2019 conference, 65% of all awards–for Best Manuscript Sample and Best Pitch–went to writers who participated in the Pre-Conference Edit).
- Sunday online workshop doubleheader–recorded live with audience Q&A–with book buyer focus group expert Peter Hildick-Smith using insights from surveys of thousands of book buyers to critique participants’ proposed book titles, jacket copy, book covers (if available) and more in “Judging a Book by Its Title” and New York Times #1 best-selling author Lisa Gardner presenting “The Path to Bestsellerdom.”
- Free bonus educational recordings for every participant who purchases any of the activities above: due to COVID-19, large crowds are still to be avoided, so we aren’t able to offer our mixer or award ceremony or present our usual 8 hours of bonus talks during the conference. To give you more value, though, we’ll send recorded educational talks by knowledgeable authors with your conference information and personalized schedule about two weeks before the May 7-9 conference.
- Also, even though we won’t be able to hold an award ceremony, each of the 16 agents and editors will select participants for Best Manuscript Sample and Best Pitches, with certificates to be sent to the awardees after the conference.
More than 30 of our members have signed with agents or editors they met at our Conferences, and a number of those have scored major book deals (and one, so far, has hit the bigtime with a movie deal). You could be next!
We’re now accepting registrations. As past Conference participants will tell you, the spots fill up fast, so don’t delay!
The Atlanta Writers Conference is presented exclusively for members of the Atlanta Writers Club. If you are not a current member or your membership will lapse prior to May 10, 2021, you can join/renew as part of your Conference registration–you do not need to do this as a two-step process.
To read all the details for the May 7-9, 2021 Atlanta Writers Conference, click here to start:
For questions, contact Atlanta Writers Conference Director and AWC Executive Director & Acting President George Weinstein at email@example.com