The Writer magazine’s “runaway favorite” among voters, our twice-yearly Atlanta Writers Conference was voted the “Best Writing Conference in Georgia”–with more votes received than any other conference in the U.S. In their Feb. 2019 and 2020 issues (see images).
A humble “thank you” to everybody who cast their vote for the Atlanta Writers Conference!
Our 25th Atlanta Writers Conference will be held in-person at the Westin Atlanta Airport Hotel on November 5-6, 2021 with agent/editor critique and pitch meetings, a two-hour workshop on how authors make money from publishers, two Q&A panels, emailed pre-conference edits, the return of our fabled mixer and two days of educational talks!
Whether you are…
- In search of an agent or a publisher
- Working on a manuscript and in need of feedback
- Seeking to learn more about the writing craft and/or publishing business
- Building your network of industry professionals and writing colleagues
…this is your opportunity to take the next big step toward your writing goals.
Want to get published?
Some of our guest agents and editors will be traveling to Georgia again at long last, while others will participate in all activities via Zoom. The November 5-6, 2021 Atlanta Writers Conference offers you in-person/virtual meetings with literary agents and acquisitions editors–with an option to participate virtually yourself if you are unable to travel to Atlanta due to COVID or another reason–along with a host of other in-person activities:
For the safety of all concerned, every participant, guest agent and editor, and volunteer must present proof of a negative COVID test (no older than 72 hours) or proof of full vaccination (the actual CDC COVID card or a photo/photocopy of it) upon entering the conference section of the hotel. In addition, every individual must wear a mask during all conference activities.
- Access to 15 acquisitions editors and literary agents seeking every major fiction genre and nonfiction topic, as well as graphic novels and picture books.
- Critiques of manuscript samples by the editors and agents, with work submitted a month in advance.
- Pitches to the editors and agents with query letters you will submit ahead of time for their review.
- Query letter critique by a pair of editors/agents to improve your pitch (at past conferences, 90% or more of Best Pitch awards by an agent or editor went to those who participated in the Query Letter Critique).
- Pre-conference edit of your manuscript submission via email months before the conference by a freelance editor of your choice (at past conferences, 60% or more of all awards–for Best Manuscript Sample and Best Pitch–went to writers who participated in the Pre-Conference Edit).
- Two-hour workshop with entertainment attorney and literary agent Paul Levine, Esq. and two free bonus talks beforehand.
- Free bonus educational talks by horror writer Jeff Strand and book cover designer Lynne Hansen.
- Friday-night mixer for those who are not COVID risk averse
- Award ceremony, where each of the agents and editors–virtual and in-person–will select participants for Best Manuscript Sample and Best Pitches, with certificates to be given to the awardees or sent after the conference, for those not in attendance.
More than 30 of our members have signed with agents or editors they met at our Conferences, and a number of those have scored major book deals (and one, so far, has hit the bigtime with a movie deal). You could be next!
We’re now accepting registrations. As past Conference participants will tell you, the spots fill up fast, so don’t delay!
The Atlanta Writers Conference is presented exclusively for members of the Atlanta Writers Club. If you are not a current member or your membership will lapse prior to November 7, 2021, you can join/renew as part of your Conference registration–you do not need to do this as a two-step process.
To read all the details for the November 5-6, 2021 Atlanta Writers Conference, click here to start:
For questions, contact Atlanta Writers Conference Director and AWC Executive Director & Acting President George Weinstein at firstname.lastname@example.org