The Writer magazine’s “runaway favorite” among voters, our twice-yearly Atlanta Writers Conference was voted the “Best Writing Conference in Georgia”–with more votes received than any other conference in the U.S. In their Feb. 2019 issue (see image), the magazine also acknowledges Becky Albertalli, one of our many conference success stories.
A humble “thank you” to everybody who cast their vote for the Atlanta Writers Conference!
Our 20th Atlanta Writers Conference will be held on October 25-26, 2019 at the Westin Atlanta Airport Hotel.
Whether you are…
- In search of an agent or a publisher
- Working on a manuscript and in need of feedback
- Seeking to learn more about the writing craft and/or publishing business
- Building your network of industry contacts
…this is your opportunity to take the next big step toward your writing goals.
Want to get published?
The October 25-26, 2019 Atlanta Writers Conference offers you:
- Access to 16 acquisitions editors and literary agents—no repeats from previous conferences—seeking every major fiction genre and nonfiction topic, as well as graphic novels and picture books
- Critiques of manuscript samples by the editors and agents
- Pitches to the editors and agents in the calm environment of private meeting rooms
- Query letter critique by an editor-agent team to improve your pitch (nearly 40% of those winning pitch awards at the May conference did this activity)
- Pre-conference edit of your manuscript submission months before the conference by a freelance editor of your choice (40% of those winning any award at the May conference did this preparatory critique)
- Workshop on the top 3 areas of craft where writers struggle the most, presented by ThrillerFest executive director and award-winning author K.J. Howe
- Separate Q&A panels by all eight acquisitions editors and all eight literary agents to give you two perspectives of the current and future publishing industry
- Free bonus activities for every participant who purchases at least two of the activities above:
- Two talks by K.J. Howe on leveraging your conference experience and networking.
- Two presentations by author, produced screenwriter, and award-winning producer Paul Sinor about developing characters for the screen and the page and writing about the drama of trauma.
- Two presentations by award-winning author Brian Panowich about breaking the rules of grammar in writing and how to spot and avoid those who prey on writers.
- Private mixer with all agents, acquisitions editors, and special guest K.J. Howe.
- Giveaways drawings for valuable prizes, from lifetime membership in the Atlanta Writers Club to free activities at the next conference.
- Award ceremony with each agent and editor presenting Best Manuscript Sample and Best Pitch certificates
More than 30 of our members have signed with agents or editors they met at our Conferences, and a number of those have scored major book deals (and one, so far, has hit the bigtime with a movie deal). You could be next!
We’re now accepting registrations. As past Conference participants will tell you, the spots fill up fast, so don’t delay!
The Atlanta Writers Conference is presented exclusively for members of the Atlanta Writers Club. If you are not a current member or your membership will lapse prior to October 27, 2019, you can join/renew as part of your Conference registration–you do not need to do this as a two-step process.
To read all the details for the October 25-26, 2019 Atlanta Writers Conference, START HERE.
For questions, contact Atlanta Writers Conference Director and AWC President George Weinstein at firstname.lastname@example.org