Click here to register now to attend the November 2-3, 2018 Atlanta Writers Conference, at the Westin Atlanta Airport Hotel.
Whether you are…
- In search of an agent or a publisher
- Working on a manuscript and in need of feedback
- Seeking to learn more about the writing craft and/or publishing business
- Creating or seeking feedback to improve your author website/blog
- Trying to build your network of industry contacts
…this is your opportunity to take the next big step toward your writing goals.
Want to get published?
The November 2-3, 2018 Atlanta Writers Conference offers you access to a group of 12 editors and agents seeking manuscripts for every major fiction genre and nonfiction topic, as well as graphic novels and picture books. More than two dozen of our members have signed with agents or editors they met at our Conferences, and a number of those have scored major book deals (and one hit the bigtime with a movie deal). You could be next. Even if your work is not ready to submit, you’ll benefit from the many educational sessions on the craft and business of writing. We’ll even help you learn how to build or improve your author website.
To help you get your work ready for the manuscript critique–or just get detailed feedback on the start of your book to help in its development–you can submit your materials by August 8, 2018 to a professional freelance editor of your choice and receive detailed editorial feedback (line-by-line, content, and developmental editing). We’ve added two new freelancers to this pool. The “prep critique” is free to those who register for the Conference All-Activities Package deal. At our May conference, 42% of all award winners–Best Manuscript Sample and Best Pitch recipients–participated in the Prep Critique.
Agents and editors at the November 2-3, 2018 Conference will:
- Critique a manuscript sample you submit in advance and possibly ask to see more to consider it for representation/acquisition
- Critique your query letter to improve it for the Conference pitches and future use
- Respond to your pitch and possibly ask to see your manuscript to consider it for representation/acquisition
- Provide hours of Q&A
- Select the best manuscript samples and pitches for our award ceremony–maybe they’ll call your name!
You’ll also enjoy:
- A new workshop on creating/improving your author website, presented by web designer/developer and author Ricky Jones, with critiques of participants’ sites
- Presentations on the craft and business of writing from successful local authors
- Networking with presenters and participants
- Prize giveaways for free manuscript and query letters critiques, pitches, and more
We’ve filled the two-day conference with great experiences:
Friday, November 2:
- Query letter critique panels that pair one editor and one agent who will help you get your query in shape for the Saturday pitches–at our May conference, 63% of Best Pitch award-winners participated in the query letter critique
- Author website workshop by web designer/developer and author Ricky Jones, to give you the tools to best represent yourself and your book(s), with time set aside for critiques of participants’ existing websites if they want feedback
- Free talks by Ricky Jones on the best ways to promote your book online and repurpose your book on multiple media
- Q&A panel with our six guest editors
- Social mixer with all twelve editors and agents
Saturday, November 3:
- One-on-one manuscript critique sessions with your choice of editors and agents
- Pitch sessions with your choice of editors and agents
- Q&A panel with our six guest agents
- Free talks by editor, instructor, and award-winning author Grace Wynter about marketing and editing, and free talks by mystery author and conference success story Roger Johns on critique and writing groups, publicists, book tours, festivals, and conferences
- Award ceremony and prize giveaways
And don’t forget the pre-conference prep critique by a freelance editor of your choice!
We’re now accepting registrations. As past Conference participants will tell you, the spots fill up fast, so don’t delay!
After you’ve read all the Conference details on the website–including the deadlines and refund policy–use the registration tab to secure your place at the November 2-3, 2018 Atlanta Writers Conference.
The Atlanta Writers Conference is presented exclusively for members of the Atlanta Writers Club. If you are not a current member or your membership will lapse prior to November 4, 2018, you can join/renew as part of your Conference registration–you do not need to do this as a two-step process.
We hope you’ll be able to join us!
For questions, contact Atlanta Writers Conference Director George Weinstein.