The Writer magazine’s “runaway favorite” among voters, our twice-yearly Atlanta Writers Conference was voted the “Best Writing Conference in Georgia”–with more votes received than any other conference in the U.S. In their Feb. 2019 issue (see image), the magazine also acknowledges Becky Albertalli, one of our many conference success stories.
A humble “thank you” to everybody who cast their vote for the Atlanta Writers Conference!
Our 21st Atlanta Writers Conference will be held on May 8-9, 2020 at the Westin Atlanta Airport Hotel.
Whether you are…
- In search of an agent or a publisher
- Working on a manuscript and in need of feedback
- Seeking to learn more about the writing craft and/or publishing business
- Building your network of industry contacts
…this is your opportunity to take the next big step toward your writing goals.
Want to get published?
The May 8-9, 2020 Atlanta Writers Conference offers you:
- Access to 16 acquisitions editors and literary agents—no repeats from previous conferences—seeking every major fiction genre and nonfiction topic, as well as graphic novels and picture books.
- Critiques of manuscript samples by the editors and agents.
- Pitches to the editors and agents in the calm environment of private meeting rooms.
- Query letter critique by an editor-agent team to improve your pitch (at the October 2019 conference, more than 90% of Best Pitch awards by an agent or editor went to those who participated in the Query Letter Critique).
- Pre-Conference edit of your manuscript submission months before the conference by a freelance editor of your choice (at our October 2019 conference, 65% of all awards–for Best Manuscript Sample and Best Pitch–went to writers who participated in the Pre-Conference Edit).
- Workshop on “Troubleshooting Your Manuscript: Essential Techniques for Identifying and Solving Problems,” presented by national bestselling novelist and ThrillerFest Master Class instructor Steven James.
- Separate Q&A panels by all eight acquisitions editors and all eight literary agents to give you two perspectives of the current and future publishing industry
- Free bonus activities for every participant who purchases at least two of the activities above:
- Two talks by Steven James on “Story Trumps Structure: How to Write Unforgettable Fiction by Breaking the Rules” and “Pulling the Rug Out: How to Craft Twists Your Readers Will Never See Coming.”
- Two presentations by Rona Simmons, nonfiction author and novelist: “Getting Serious about Serious Nonfiction” and “Crafting the Mother of all Marketing Plans.”
- Two presentations by author and award-winning former investigative reporter Steven Cooper: “Myths and Realities of the Publishing Process: What It Really Means to Get a Book Deal and What to Expect” and “How to Research Your Book Like a Journalist: Creating Believable Storylines in Believable Places with Believable Happenings.”
- Private mixer with all agents, acquisitions editors, and special guest Steven James.
- Giveaways drawings for valuable prizes, from lifetime membership in the Atlanta Writers Club to free activities at the next conference.
- Award ceremony with each agent and editor presenting Best Manuscript Sample and Best Pitch certificates
More than 30 of our members have signed with agents or editors they met at our Conferences, and a number of those have scored major book deals (and one, so far, has hit the bigtime with a movie deal). You could be next!
We’re now accepting registrations. As past Conference participants will tell you, the spots fill up fast, so don’t delay!
The Atlanta Writers Conference is presented exclusively for members of the Atlanta Writers Club. If you are not a current member or your membership will lapse prior to May 10, 2020, you can join/renew as part of your Conference registration–you do not need to do this as a two-step process.
To read all the details for the May 8-9, 2020 Atlanta Writers Conference, START HERE.
For questions, contact Atlanta Writers Conference Director and AWC President George Weinstein at email@example.com