Open for Registrations
Our 30th Atlanta Writers Conference will be held in-person (with an option to participate virtually for agent/editor meetings) at the Westin Atlanta Airport Hotel on May 3-4, 2024 with agent/editor critique and pitch meetings, a two-hour workshop on writing diverse characters, two Q&A panels, emailed pre-conference edits, the Friday night mixer with musical entertainment, and two days of educational talks and networking!
Whether you are…
- In search of an agent or a publisher
- Working on a manuscript and in need of feedback
- Seeking to learn more about the writing craft and/or publishing business
- Building your network of industry professionals and writing colleagues
…this is your opportunity to take the next big step toward your writing goals.
Want to get published?
All guest agents and editors plan to be in-person at the hotel. The May 3-4, 2024 Atlanta Writers Conference offers you in-person/virtual meetings with literary agents and acquisitions editors–with an option to participate virtually in these meetings if you are unable to travel to Atlanta–along with a host of other in-person activities:
- Access to 18 acquisitions editors and literary agents seeking every major fiction genre and nonfiction topic, as well as picture books.
- Critiques of manuscript samples by the editors and agents, with work submitted a month in advance.
- Pitches to the editors and agents with query letters you will bring for their review (or submit ahead of time if you will be virtual).
- Query letter critique by a pair of editors/agents to improve your pitch (at past conferences, more than 30% of Best Pitch awards by an agent or editor went to those who participated in the Query Letter Critique).
- Pre-conference edit of your manuscript submission via email months before the conference by a freelance editor of your choice (at past conferences, 40% or more of all awards–for Best Manuscript Sample and Best Pitch–went to writers who participated in the Pre-Conference Edit).
- Two-hour workshop and two free bonus talks beforehand on Friday.
- Four free bonus educational talks on Saturday.
- Friday-night mixer with musical entertainment.
- A book fair featuring conference registrants with books for sale.
- Award ceremony, where each of the agents and editors–virtual and in-person–will select participants for Best Manuscript Sample and Best Pitches, with certificates to be given to the awardees–or sent after the conference for those not in attendance.
More than 50 of our members have signed with agents or editors they met at our Conferences, and a number of those have scored major book deals (and one, so far, has hit the bigtime with a movie and TV deal). You could be next!
As past Conference participants will tell you, the spots fill up fast, so don’t delay when we send the launch announcement!
The Atlanta Writers Conference is presented exclusively for members of the Atlanta Writers Club. If you are not a current member, you can join/renew as part of your Conference registration–you do not need to do this as a two-step process.
To read all the details for the May 3-4, 2024 Atlanta Writers Conference, click here to start:
For questions, contact Atlanta Writers Conference Director and AWC Executive Director George Weinstein at firstname.lastname@example.org