The Atlanta Writers Club
- I am an established writer who wants to network with other professionals.
- I have always dreamed of being an author, but I haven't navigated the rough seas to publication.
- I write for my own pleasure.
The Atlanta Writers Club celebrated its 100th anniversary in April of 2014. Our membership is a diverse group of all writing levels, from talented novices to published professionals. We welcome guests and new members anytime!
Come celebrate the craft of writing with us. You'll make new friends and will learn something new about the creative process. You will enhance your knowledge of the publishing business, stimulate your imagination, and enjoy challenging opportunities through our writing contests and outreach seminars. And, you'll have fun! Please join us. Click here for details about our next meeting.
See you soon!
Keep Up With AWC
Future Guests & Events 2018
Georgia State University - Dunwoody Campus
2101 Womack Rd., Atlanta GA 30338
Building NC auditorium.
Each meeting starts with a coffee-and-cookie networking mixer in the cafe across from the auditorium, from 12:30 to 1:30 PM. The formal meeting begins at 1:30 PM with multiple speakers addressing different aspects of the craft and business of writing:
June 16 (Holcomb Bridge Park, Norcross)
- 12 PM - Annual Picnic for Members & Families
- 1 PM - Editing Workshop for Members with Emily Murdock Baker
- Member Speaker - Lee St. John
- 1st Guest Speaker - Gina Ciocca (young adult books)
- 2nd Guest Speaker - Sandra Johnson (query letters)
- Member Speaker - Martha Boone
- 1st Guest Speaker - Julia Franks (literary fiction)
- 2nd Guest Speaker - Erica Gerald Mason (poetry)
- Member Speaker - TBD
- 1st Guest Speaker - Ralph Ellis (freelancing)
- 2nd Guest Speaker - Dr. Steve Nicklas (epistolary nonfiction)
- 1 PM - Adapting a Book for Television Workshop for Members with JD Jordan
- Member Speaker - Robin Isaf
- 1st Guest Speaker - Sarah Creech (character development)
- 2nd Guest Speaker - Morri Creech (poetry)
- Member Speaker - Ray Dan Parker
- 1st Guest Speaker - Phillippe Diederich (multicultural writing)
- Holiday Party